Build a framework for personal growth by encouraging a commitment to social development, personal responsibility and respect for others. Foster a strong sense of community within the Greek system and the extended RIT university. Nurture a learning community where scholarship, leadership and self-discovery thrive. Provide a self governance structure that both anticipates and responds to changing contemporary needs. Strive to make the Greek system a source of pride for the RIT community. Demonstrate a strong service ethic through ongoing support of the local community. Promote an inclusive community of diverse student cultures.
We, the Greek Community of RIT, exist to foster the intellectual, social, and ethical development of our members in an environment that promotes a lifelong relationship and commitment to fraternity and university.
* Learning and Scholarship
* Leadership and Personal Growth
* Diversity and Appreciation of Differences
* Charity and Service to Others
* Lifelong Friendships and Communal Traditions
Fun Facts About Greek Life
* 85 percent of the Fortune 500 executives are members of Greek organizations.
* 25 United States Presidents have belonged to Greek-letter organizations.
* Fraternities and sororities have maintained a higher grade point average than the undergraduate average at most universities.
* Greek organization members have a higher graduation rate than non-members.
* A study by the Center for the Study of College Fraternities found that fraternity and sorority members we significantly more satisfied with their college experience than non-members.
* 63 percent of the U.S. President's cabinet since 1900 has been fraternity men.
* 77 percent of Who's Who in America is Greek.