Vision, Mission & Goals
Students will become successful leaders in their careers and communities. RIT graduates will be known for their leadership ability and civic involvement, in addition to their academic competence.
The RIT Leadership Institute & Community Service Center assists students in developing critical leadership skills for personal and career success and encourages them to become civic minded, contributing members of society, by partnering with key faculty, staff and administrative units, alumnae, trustees, as well as community leaders and organizations.
RIT students will:
- Develop a skill set critical to success in their career and personal lives. These skills include:
- Being self aware and self confident
- Making ethical decisions
- Building effective relationships
- Using effective interpersonal and cross cultural communication
- Being Emotionally Competent
- Creating and managing change
- Setting, planning and achieving goals
- Leading others
- Understand theoretical principles and emerging trends in leadership.
- Understand the importance of using their skills to contribute to society and be able to successfully engage in community service and leadership experiences.
- Develop relationships and network with other RIT students, faculty, staff and community leaders, as a result of integrated and collaborative efforts of the RIT Leadership Institute and Community Service Center with other academic and administrative units.